This is it, this is the first interview episode here on the Authorpreneur Mindset Podcast and one that I couldn’t be happier to have done.Our guest today, Jeremy Menefee, has an amazing story. It’s one of overcoming difficulties in life and perseverance even in the face of devastation. It’s one that I think you will all enjoy.
He is currently working on a few different projects, most notably a book on Ghostwriting and a new fiction series. Check out the links below for more information:
- 3 Easy Outlines for Ghostwriters: Quickly Write Novels That Rock! (Amazon) (Instafreebie)
- Odd Behaviors (Rephaim: Bloodlines Short story #1)
- Eyes Without a Face (Rephaim: Bloodlines Short story #2)
- The Professional Ghostwriter’s Handbook (eBook) (Paperback)
More links for Jeremy Menefee:
The podcast is brought to you by Steam Powered Dreams Publishing but paid for out of my own pocket. If you’d like to show your support, there are many different ways to do it:
Below is a direct copy of the show notes. They were written before the episode was recorded but are here for reference and SEO. They only contain possible questions asked during the interview
Topic: Interview with Jeremy Menefee
- My guest this week is Jeremy Menefee. He is a best selling author, both fiction and non-fiction, Editor, blogger, and copywriter, but you’ve probably never heard his name, at least not yet.
- This is because, so far, he’s only been published as a ghostwriter, at least up until recently as he is working on his very own series of books due out next year.
- But here is the interesting part. He’s doing all of this after an accident that caused brain damage, as well as other health problems.
- Welcome to the show, Jeremy.
- Before we get started with the interview, I wanted to thank you for coming on and being the first guest of The Authorpreneur Mindset.
- Why don’t you tell us a bit more about yourself?
- When did you start ghostwriting and editing?
- Why ghostwriting and not writing for yourself?
- Let’s talk about the accident, what exactly happened?
- What health issues has it caused for you and how have you been able to not only work around them, but also overcome them to create a living for yourself?
- Let’s talk about growing up.
- Where were you born and/or raised?
- What was your family life like? Parents? Siblings?
- Did you read a lot growing up? If so, what books/genres?
- Did you write much when you were young? If so, do you remember anything you wrote? If not, how come?
- Let’s fast forward a bit.
- Married, children? When?
- Other jobs you’ve had?
- First time you ever completed a writing project
- Family life before the accident and after
- Share some (positive or funny) Editing and/or Ghostwriting stories
- What made you finally decide to write your own story?
- Tell us more about it and your plans for your own series.
- Putting the accident aside, how has your life changed since you decided to make a full time life from freelancing/writing/editing?
- Knowing what you know now, if there was something you could tell your young-writer self, advice you would give, what would it be?
- One final question, and it’s a question I plan on asking every guest. If you had a mascot or avatar that represented what you’re doing, i.e. your writing, editing, etc., what would it be? (elephant)
- Where can you be found online? Jsmenefee.wordpress.com facebook.com/authorjsmenefee twitter
- Anything you’d like to tell the listeners?
Thank you for your time. I’d love to have you back on in the future closer to the release of your series.