How much does it cost for X service?
- Due to the fact that we offer so many services (many of which are currently not even listed), it would be impossible to list the price for every scenario. The best way is to just send us an inquiry to find out!
Editing! All I care about is editing! How much does THAT cost?
- Calm down! Writers, I swear… Anyway… As with the above, we do all types of editing (from proofreading to developmental) and all writing is different. In general editing will cost between $0.005 and $0.05 per word, with proofreading being less expensive than developmental. If you’d like to know more, head over and read this post: The Real Cost of Editing
- To make that easier to understand, here are the average costs of copy editing:
- 10,000 words would cost between $50 – $150
- 50,000 words would cost between $250 – $750
- 80,000 words would cost between $400 – $1200
- 100,000 words would cost between $500 – $1500
- And here are the average costs of developmental editing:
- 10,000 words would cost between $200 – $300
- 50,000 words would cost between $1000 – $1500
- 80,000 words would cost between $1600 – $2400
- 100,000 words would cost between $2000 – $3000
- As you can see, our prices are generally cheaper than most professional grade editors. This is because we are, first and foremost, about amazing books and we know editing is one of the most important steps in creating them.
- And again, I suggest heading over and checking out this post: The Real Cost of Editing
You mentioned discounts for first time authors, young writers, and writers over 60. What are they?
- It varies depending on the genre, amount of work, etc., but in general a first time author who is either under 18 or over 60 will get a rate between $0.01 and $0.0125 per word for copy editing. Please note that a thorough analysis of the writing will still be needed to determine the exact discount.
What about coupon codes? Where can I find them?
- We mostly offer coupon codes for major holidays, as well as special Steam Powered Dreams events. They are given away either as direct promotion to our mailing list subscribers or via our social networks. The best place to get them is on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
I have more questions!
- Great! Use the form above for those, too. Under “I am looking for…” just choose other and use the box below to ask any questions!